Monday 2 April 2012

New goodies for April at Funky Playground Designs!

Yippee, it's a new month! (Although how April got here quite so fast I don't know).  

So why am I so excited?  It's because I can finally reveal to you the layouts I have made from the fabulous new store collab and free with purchase collab over at Funky Playground Designs




Layout 1: Wedding Day


The limited edition April collab is called Every Day is Earth Day and has over 50 papers and nearly 100 elements!  As soon as I saw this kit I fell in love with the colour pallette used, and knew immediately that I just had to use it to scrap photos of my sister's wedding.  This is the layout which I came up with.




I love the way this layout has turned out.  The colours used in this kit match perfectly with the teal of the bridesmaid's dresses, and with the bright spring greenery of the hotel gardens where these photos were taken.  

What makes this layout even more special to me is that it is the 3rd time that I have tried to scrap photos of my sister's wedding.  Both of the previous layouts were OK, but they were missing something which I couldn't put my finger on.  But finally with this layout I have a page that I am happy with, and which feels just right!  Hurrah!


Layout 2: Big Tree!

the second collab I used is called Celebrate Trees and is the April FPD free with purchase kit.  

When I first downloaded this collab I was at a loss about what to scrap with it.  I loved all the tree themed elements, and the wonderful patterned papers, but inspiration about what to do with them just wasn't striking.  Afterall, spring has only just started over here so the trees aren't looking their best yet...


So, I decided to trawl through the photo folders on my PC and see if anything sprang to mind.  Then suddenly, there it was.  Photos of our trip to Sequoia National Park on our honeymoon.  Yippee!  If you are going to celebrate trees, you might as well pick the biggest living organisms on the planet!





No comments:

Post a Comment